CANVAS is a non-profit providing interactive, arts-inspired trainings on Consent and LGBTQ+ Inclusion.
- For Students in Grades 6-12
- 2 Workshops offered: (1) The C-Word: Consent and Communication; (2) Speak OUT: LGBTQ2S+ Inclusion
- Workshops are activity-based, interactive and focused on practical actions for creating safer school environments
- For Camp Staff Members and Leaders-in-Training
- Training on 3 topics: (1) LGBTQ2S+ Inclusion; (2) Consent; (3) Body Positivity
- Programs are discussion-based and provide concrete tools to promote an inclusive and safe camp culture
- For Teachers and Youth Workers, programs employ a unique train-the-trainer model
- For Employees, programs focus on policy, attitudes and infrastructure for employees
- Training on 2 topics: (1) LGBTQ2S+ Inclusion; (2) Consent
- For Youth ages 10-15 and 16-29
- Arts programming at 3 locations: (1) The 519; (2) SKETCH; (3) Regent Park Focus
- Art forms include: spoken word poetry, photography, drama, and visual art.
Rankin middlebrook, director of YMCA camp wanakita
The training we received from CANVAS was some of the most thought provoking and effective that I could have hoped for, and had a lasting impact on our staff. We saw changes in the empowerment and understanding of the people we work with. I would wholly endorse CANVAS as an important component to a progressive staff training event.
Get in touch with us to find out how we can work together and collaborate
Join our team
Learn more about employment and volunteer opportunities at CANVAS
Your generous support helps communities with barriers experience our programming
Artscape Wychwood Barns
601 Christie Street, Suite 254
Toronto, ON M6G 4C7